Today, Ajaytao nominated me for A Bunch of Awards – 13 Nominations. He said to please choose any 2 awards out of the 13 accept it and oblige. There are no linkbacks for this award
Five Questions for NittyGrittyDirtMan (based on his nomination by moi for the Leibster Award)
Last week I nominated NittyGrittyDirtMan for the Leibster Award. He responded back asking if I was supposed to come up with 11 questions.
Here is a copy of our conversation:
Posted by GiRRL_Earth on December 3, 2012 at 12:25 pm
I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Please don’t kill me for doing so (ha-ha!) and don’t feel like you have to respond.
Posted by Kevin on December 3, 2012 at 8:58 pm
Thanks! I’m not sure I qualify, but I’ll let you know. By the way, I could never kill you.
Posted by GiRRL_Earth on December 4, 2012 at 8:23 am
Whew! Thanks. Ha-Ha!
Posted by Kevin on December 5, 2012 at 5:56 pm
By the way, are you supposed to ask me 11 questions? I’d be curious about what you would ask. . .
Posted by GiRRL_Earth on December 6, 2012 at 9:17 am
I am… but I’m such a slacker and didn’t type in any questions… you could answer the same Qs I answered from the person who nominated me or I can come up with some (if you prefer).
Posted by Kevin on December 6, 2012 at 6:15 pm
Actually, I’m kind of interested in what you can come up with. Give me 5 and I’ll borrow from the others on your site. Deal?
Soooooooooooo without further adieu, here are NGDM’s Five Questions:
- At what point in your life did you realize you had a talent for gardening?
- What is the hardest plant you have ever grown and did it live or die under your care?
- What were you feelings when a newly remodeled, reshaped, totally buff, tragically blonde Madonna hit the scene with her new Album: True Blue?
- While attending a party of friends and acquaintances, and you happen to overhear someone make a derogatory remark about LGBT, how would you handle that situation? Would let it slide or would you call that person on the carpet?
- And lastly, if you were granted a super power, which power would you choose? Why? And what would you do with this power?
- Bonus Question: Do you follow Downton Abbey? If so, who is your favorite Character?
Last week, this lovely lady at Post Grad Problems nominated me for the Leibster Award. Say what? Yep, that’s right Leeb-stir Award. Due to the fact I am a blog noob and an old dog, I hadn’t a clue as to what this is, nor do I have any idea as to how to tell how many followers a blogger has. Evidently, a blogger must have under 200 followers in order to meet the criteria of a nomination. Under 200 followers? Yep, that sounds about right. I think I have about 20 followers, if that… maybe 5 and I’m just hoping for 20. 😐
If I may nick what Post Grad Problems wrote, here is the gist of the Liebster Award, in her eloquent, young words:
“Liebster (pronounce: leeb – stir) means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The rules for accepting are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people you think deserves the Liebster award and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.”
So in accordance with the Liebster Rules, I am supposed to answer Post Grad’s Questions as well as post new questions for my nominees. However, seeing as I am at work, I am going to use Post Grad’s questions rather than take the time to come up with my own. Sorry Post Grad.
1. Which art form offers you the truest expression for yourself? Pencil/charcoal. I’m an art school drop out but when I used to draw/sketch, I preferred only two mediums: pencil or charcoal.
2. In that art form, what is your most honest piece of expression? Back in high school, which was the 1980s, that’s right I said EIGHTIES! I had done some YSL fashion illustrations — to this day, I still have them and had I followed through with art school, fashion illustration would have been my career objective.
3. What always makes you laugh?
My cats, Azz and Eddie Izzard — the absolutely funnies fucking comedian on the planet.
4. What always makes you cry?
Egregious animal abuse — all animals, including farm animals.
5. What is one thing that you can’t do that you’d love to be able to do?
Oh boy, I am only allowed to name one? Yesh! Let’s see… ok, well for the sake of snark, how about pee standing up like a man. Sorry, this is the best I could come up with.
6-7. What is your favorite book? Why does it affect you so?
Only one? Again: Yeesh! Hmmmmm, ok, well the one book that had the greatest impact on me was: The Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer — it enabled me to do the work I needed to move forward and be a better person.
8-9. What is your favorite movie or play? Why does it affect you so?
Favorite movie: Rear Window — I can and do watch this movie over and over and over…
10. If you were given the opportunity to spend one more day with a friend or family member who has passed away, what would you do?
My Nonna, on my mother’s side. I would spend the entire day cooking and baking.
11. If you had won the $580 million Power Ball jackpot last night, what would you be doing today?
Ooooh good question because I know exactly what I would do:
- Call my financial planner
- Pay off the mortgage on my house and condo
- Give a million or two to: my dad, mother, brother and Azz
- Give a some to the Farm Sanctuary and my local animal chapters
- Go back to college and finish my art degree
- Open a vintage shop
- Make sure I invest wisely so as to not lose it all in five years, which I read (thanks Scott) is what often happens
My nominations are….
…um… I’m drawing a blank. I have to be honest, because I haven’t a clue as to how to go about figuring out how many followers a blogger has, and based on their popularity, I’m going to fetch a guess that all of the blogs I nominate, have blogs that exceed the <200 follower requirements — oh well, what can I say except: shoot me!
To that end, I nominate:
BookPeeps (my first follower)
Congratulations all, please don’t kill me for nominating you…
Seven Things About Me Award
I was nominated by bookpeeps for the Seven Things About Me Award. (Thank you BookPeeps!) please be sure to check out her blog. Because I enjoy her blog as well as spreading the news about other terrific bloggers. I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Seven Things About Me Award as follows:
Do you enjoy reading blogs by people who are brilliant writers (to which I am not)? If so, then check out these fantastic bloggers:
- BookPeeps http://bookpeeps.org
- The Frailest Thing http://thefrailestthing.com (bookpeeps, I think you will especially enjoy the writing)
Do you enjoy a good laugh, snark and sarcasm by an amazingly creative and talented decorator/DIY-er? Well then please check out:
- Manhattan-nest http://manhattan-nest.com/
He hasn’t blogged in a long time but my aspiring writer friend Kenny (a.k.a Wheeza) has a blog:
- Stupes-Insips-Rants http://stupesinsipsrants.wordpress.com/
(I’m hoping sending traffic to his blog will inspire him to write again.)
Although, she has taken a break from blogging, I find myself turning to this spectacular woman when I need inspiration or advice on all things vegan and/or green living. Allow me to introduce you to:
- Bonzai Aphrodite http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/
Because Somer “liked” my recipe for Vegan Polenta Seitan Casserole, I am now following her collaborative informative blog called:
- Good Clean Food http://goodcleanfood.wordpress.com/
And lastly, allow me to introduce you to the woman who was not only the inspiration for my blog, but is also a writer, (published a fantastic book entitled: In spite of Everything: A Memoir, by Susan Gregory Thomas Random House July 2011).
- Broke-Ass Grouch http://brokeassgrouch.wordpress.com/
And now for the Seven Things About Me:
1.) For the past two years I have been a vegan (former vegetarian).
2.) I am an animal rights volunteer/activist (and the property of five fury felines).
3.) Seven years ago, I made a promise and commitment to myself to get back into ballet and I have been faithfully attending classes ever since.
4.) I believe in a power greater than myself.
5.) I learned to forgive and to not respond or react to hateful people.
6.) December 2004 I quit my corporate job to attend culinary school with a focus on pastry arts.
7.) I like to pursue things that interest me. You only get to go around this ride called life once, so you might as well get the most out of it.
In closing, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
- Choose other blogs that you think deserve the award, and post a comment on their blog to let them know they have been nominated.
Thanks you again, BookPeeps! 🙂